Last updated on March 1st, 2024
Are you looking for the best WordPress migration plugin that you can use to move your website?
It is super-easy to start a new WordPress site, but moving an existing website to a new host is more difficult. It is necessary to move the database, files, plugins, and theme.
As well as reducing downtime, you also want to make sure your users don’t experience a broken website.
The most important thing is to preserve your website’s SEO rankings. To ensure all of these things go smoothly, you will need a WordPress migration plugin.
So, The purpose of this article is to compare the best WordPress migration plugin that lets you migrate your site without any glitches.
Jump ahead to:
What is the Best Migration Plugin for WordPress?
The best migration plugin for WordPress is a type of plugin that will help you to take your website backup & restore.
If you are changing your website from one hosting to another web host then this kind of plugin helps you to transfer your website data without any downtime problems.
7 Best WordPress Migration Plugins in 2024 (Reviewed and Compared)
1. Duplicator Pro
The best WordPress migration plugin on the market is Duplicator Pro. It works well for many types of migration scenarios without any technical knowledge.
Duplicator is the WordPress migration plugin for Blogs or bloggers. It features a step-by-step wizard that guides you through the migration process.
The first step is to create and download a migration package of your website along with an installer script to your computer.
After that, you upload the installer script and package to the new host or server and run the migration wizard. The duplicator unpacks the contents of your package and installs them.
In addition, it allows you to update URLs so that everything runs smoothly after unpacking.
- Migrate your WordPress site to a new host, domain name, local server, or live site.
- Easily migrate your website with our easy-to-use migration wizard.
- Backups can be scheduled and stored on remote storage such as Google Diver, Dropbox, etc.
- Automatically creates databases and users using cPanel hosting dashboard.
- Multisite migration support for WordPress.
- Beginners may need assistance connecting to the FTP server.
It has a 100% data restoration rate and is trusted by 400,000+ sites. It also offers secure cloud backups, free staging, and bulk site updates.
However, it also does offer site migration features. You need to upload multiple backups to Dropbox with a click.
Their customer support team caters to everyone equally and is there for you every step of the way.
- Reliable & best WordPress migration plugin
- Get up to 70% faster website recovery with BlogVault
- Staging works on any host, never break your site
- BlogVault requires FTP to be set up on your web host and your FTP credentials. This is usually not an issue, though
Blogvalult backup plugin pricing starts at $7.4/month which is the basic plan. You can check all the pricing here.
Note:– If you are a beginner and if don’t know how to install the WordPress plugin then you should read this article to know better about it.
3. All-In-One WP Migration
All-in-One WP Migration is a popular free WordPress migration plugin. Unlike some other plugins on the list, it is not a backup plugin and is specifically designed for website migrations.
- Supports many WordPress hosting providers, operating systems, PHP versions, and more.
- Supports older versions of WordPress up to 3.3
- Importing chunks of data bypasses your host’s file size limits.
- You will need to manually install WordPress at the new location
You need the Unlimited extension to remove import size restrictions. The unlimited extension costs $69 for a lifetime license.
4. Solid Backup
Solid Backup is one of the most popular WordPress migration and backup plugins, It has been around since 2010 and has a loyal customer base.
Within your WordPress dashboard, Solid Backup backs up your entire WordPress website.
Many newbie website owners do not have that much technical knowledge and think all these things are technical and hard to understand.
There are many plugins available with complex and confusing interfaces that make backups a nightmare for newcomers.
Fortunately, with Solid Backup, that is not the case. Its interface is specially designed for beginners so that they can easily grasp what they are doing.
They have a general misconception that beginner-friendly plugins cannot do much. WordPress backup plugin Solid Backup is one of the best plugins that are available.
- Contains automated scheduled backups, restore, and migration features in one convenient package
- Set up backup schedules, select what to back up, and store them in remote locations such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Amazon S3, and more
- Easily transfer your WordPress website by using a complete backup
- This plugin does not support WordPress multisite
Prices start at $99 for a single-site license. You can check the price here. There is no free version that is suitable for most small websites.
5. UpdraftPlus Migrator Extension
The premium version of UpdraftPlus includes a migration tool that makes it easy to migrate your website. It is one of the best WordPress backup plugins.
You need UpdraftPlus to protect your WordPress site from hacking, server crashes, and corrupt updates. Download it today and protect your site!
With UpdraftPlus, you can perform complete, manual, or scheduled backups quickly and easily.
UpdraftPlus allows you to perform complete, manual, or scheduled backups quickly and easily.
In addition to a manual backup option, the plugin also provides an option to select the number of scheduled backups you wish to retain. By default, the plugin retains 2 scheduled backups.
- Easy to use. If you already use it for backups, you can create a full backup and import it anywhere
- Backup your WordPress site to a remote location and schedule it
- Compatible with WordPress multisite networks
- In order to run the migration, you will need to install WordPress on the destination.
With the free version of UpdraftPlus, you can use the Migrator Addon for $30. Alternatively, you can purchase UpdraftPlus Premium for $75.
6. Migrate Guru
Migrate Guru is another best free migration plugin for WordPress. It specializes in migrating websites from one host or server to another.
Migrate Guru is a WordPress migration plugin created by the folks who created Blog Vault, a popular WordPress backup solution.
With Migrate Guru you can quickly migrate WordPress sites. It simplifies difficult WordPress migrations (e.g. multi-site networks, 200 GB sites, etc.).
- Supports most popular WordPress hosting providers
- An easy migration wizard where you only need to enter your destination host’s FTP or cPanel credentials and the plugin takes care of everything else
- Handles serialized data and migrates WordPress database updates
- Transfers from localhost to live website or live to localhost are not supported
- Multisite migrations are not fully supported
It is a totally free plugin. You don’t have to pay a single penny for Migrate Guru
7. Super Backup & Clone
Super Backup & Clone is our last WordPress migration plugin for any type of website. This is an alternative to the migration plugins you can not find in the WordPress Plugin Directory.
It’s only available on CodeCanyon for $35, and that gets you premium customer support for six months.
You can create snapshots of your website and restore those files whenever you want with the Backup & Clone plugin. This plugin links to third-party cloud services like Amazon S3, Google Drive, and Rackspace.
- Best plugin at an affordable price with higher facilities
- Also gets premium customer support with a plugin
- can create snapshots of your website and restore those files whenever you want with the Backup & Clone plugin
- It links with third-party cloud services
Starts at $35 & a plugin are available on the CodeCanyon shop. You can check the price here.
FaQs Related To WordPress Migration Plugin
What is the best WordPress Migration Plugin?
The best migration plugin for WordPress is a plugin that helps you to back up and restore your website. Here are some best WordPress migration plugins:-
All in one WP Migration
Super Backup & Clone
This is the best plugin for WordPress migration.
What is the easiest way to migrate a WordPress website?
How do I migrate my WordPress site to an all-in-one migration?
Search for ‘All-In-One WP Migration in the Plugins > Add Plugins section and click Install, then Activate. The plugin will now be installed and can be accessed from the WordPress Main page.
How do I migrate my WordPress site for free?
For migrating WordPress websites for free you can install a free plugin like migrate guru, super backup and you can use it to transfer your website data from one host to another host.
Is all-in-one WP migration good?
Yes, the All in one WP migration plugin is good and safe, even though I use it to transfer my website data and install backups. It is a totally safe WordPress migration plugin.
How can I install it all in one WordPress migration plugin?
For installing all-in-one WordPress migration plugin you can go to WordPress>>Plugins>>Upload/Add new you can search there for all-in-one migration and you can install and activate it.
Hopefully, this article helped you find the best WordPress migration plugin for your website.
If you feel this article is helpful for you then let me know in the comment box. You can also share this article with your friends and fellow bloggers who want the best WordPress migration plugin.
You Might Also Like:
- 12+ Best Premium WordPress Themes For Bloggers in 2024
- 15 Essential Settings You Need to Do After Installing WordPress
- How to Start a Niche Blog That Will Make You Money in 2024
- How to Start a WordPress Blog on Bluehost (8 Simple Steps)
- How to Make Money Blogging in 2024 (Top 9 Effective Steps)
- 15 Most Profitable Blog Niches for 2024 (That Makes Money)
- How to Come Up With a Blog Name: (15 Easy Steps)